REQUIREMENTS FOR AFFIRMATION OF FREEDOM TO MARRY
- Application requesting for Affirmation of Freedom to Marry, addressed to the Embassy.
- Valid Passport
- Valid Thai Visa
- Affidavit of Bachelorhood Certificate by Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Abuja
- A copy of Identity Card (ID)/Passport of your partner
- Fee – 2, 300 Thai Baht
REQUIREMENTS FOR OBTAINING DECLARATION OF AGE / LETTER OF IDENTIFICATION
- Formal request in writing for Declaration of Age or Letter of Identification by the applicant. Include your current address and telephone number.
- Copy of Data page of Nigerian Passport.
REQUIREMENTS FOR LEGALIZATION OF DOCUMENTS FOR THAI BUSINESSMEN/WOMEN
- Application (on your company’s letter head) requesting for legalization of documents to be addressed to the Embassy.
- List of the products to be exported.
- Certificates of free sale from relevant Ministry / Departments of Thailand to be authenticated by approved authourities.
- Two sets of the documents to be legalized, i.e. original and a copy for our record.
REQUIREMENTS FOR LEGALIZATION OF SCHOOL CERTIFICATES, BIRTH – CERTIFICATES, ETC
- Formal Application stating your request to the Embassy.
- Reason for certification.
- Prior certification of educational certificates and statutory documents to be done by the Ministry of Education as well as at the Legalization Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Abuja
- Two sets of the document to be authenticated, i.e. original and a copy for our record.
Thai Immigration law requires tourists/foreigners to always have on them passports for easy identification and confirmation of their status as Thai nationals are also expected to have on them their National Identification Cards. In this respect, Nigerians visiting or living in Thailand are advised in their own interest to always have on them their valid travel documents. Failure to do this will leave them liable to arrest and detention.
Consular days are Monday – Friday (10:00am – 3:00pm)
PROVISION OF BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS FOR MONEY TRANSFER
Desirous to checkmate laundering of illegal money, Thai Government has recently introduced Anti-Money Laundering Regulations which will among others, cause investigation to the source of suspicious financial transactions. To this end, Nigerians visiting or living in Thailand are hereby advised not to make available to anyone their account details for any proxy financial transactions so as not to run foul of the law. This is also the case in Nigeria today as fraudsters can easily put innocent persons in trouble by offering them a commission. Since it is similar to carrying a bag for someone without knowing its contents, please refuse the offer because ignorance is not accepted as an excuse for breaking the law. The Mission will appreciate if the above information is circulated and shared among members of the Nigerian Community in Thailand for their information and necessary compliance.