HOW TO APPLY FOR A NIGERIAN PASSPORT
Click here to download an adobe pdf format of the instructions below
PLEASE READ THE GUIDELINES FULLY BEFORE BEGINNING THE APPLICATION
THE FEE FOR THE NIGERIAN (ECOWAS) E-PASSPORT IS $USD106 (ONE HUNDRED AND SIX DOLLARS).
Have a Credit Card ready.
Go to www.immigration.gov.ng for the electronic application.
Select Standard E-PASSPORT – The Official E-Passport is ONLY for Government Officials travelling abroad
Select Thailand as processing country and Bangkok as Office of Application.
PLEASE READ IN FULL THE GUIDELINES REGARDING PAYMENT ON THE START OF APPLICATION PAGE
Click on “START APPLICATION’- Choose from GOOGLE or YAHOO and create an account or if you have one, SIGN IN.
Complete the application online and print out a copy of the completed application before you submit for payment.
Complete the application for – PRINT (2) copies – click submit
On successful submission of your application, you will come to a page that will contain your reference ID which will also be emailed to you from the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) – Close the screen to proceed to payment or to input further applications (UP to 6 applications)
Select method of payment (Money Order, Visa or American Express) and follow relevant steps.
Note: You may choose to exit the application to make payment at a later stage. To return, go to www.swgloballlc.co and sign in.
Upon making your electronic payment, you will first be e-mailed an acknowledgement. Please allow 1-2 business days for receipt of a confirmation payment e-mail. To print out your receipt/acknowledgement slip, go to http://portal.immigration.gov.ng/visa/OnlineQueryStatus enter your application type, reference No., ID and click SEARCH RECORD
THE PAYMENT CONFIRMATION SLIP WILL CONTAIN AN INTERVIEW DATE, EVERY APPLICANT MUST ATTEND AND BRING THIS DOCUMENT IN PERSON ON THE GIVEN INTERVIEW DATE BETWEEN 10am – 1pm (Monday-Friday).
Please take note that:
NO APPLICATION WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER 1PM
APPLICANTS MAY RESCHEDULE THE INTERVIEW DATE Please call (+66-2-711-3076 OR +66-2-71130777)
ALL APPLICATIONS ARE VALID FOR A PERIOD OF SIX (6) MONTHS FROM THE DATE OF SUBMISSION ONCE THE TIME HAS LAPSED, APPLICANTS WILL BE REQUIRED TO RE-APPLY AND MAKE ANOTHER PAYMENT.
DOCUMENTS FOR SUBMISSION (PER APPLICANT) AT INTERVIEW:
- (1) Copy of online application form (signed and dated)
- (2) Payment Confirmation Slip
- (3) $250.00 US will be charged as penalty for loss of passport and B2000 as processing fee for all types of applications)
- (4) Expired Nigerian passport (if not presented, will be considered lost passport) and photocopy of the data page (which clearly shows photograph, Photocopy of the data page (which clearly shows photograph, full name and date of birth must be presented)
Photographs are not required as these will be taken at the Embassy on the interview date.
Every applicant must appear in person at the Embassy for finger and thumb printing necessary to produce the E-passport
FOR MINORS (First time Applicants):
Note THE E-PASSPORT DOES NOT ALLOW CHILD ENDORSEMENT, PARENTS SHOULD APPLY FOR INDIVIDUAL PASSPORT FOR EACH CHILD, THIS INCLUDES NEWLY BORN INFANTS.
Items 1-3 ABOVE +
- • Signed letter of authorization from BOTH PARENTS – signatures should match the signatures on their respective passports and names should match those on the child’s birth certificate
- • Copy of parents’ passports (Data Page)
- • Copy of the child’s birth certificate
Note: In case where only the mother appears on the birth certificate, She will have to present an affidavit from the court that she has full custody of the child/children
Note: In case both parent’s names are on the birth certificate but only one has full custody, a copy of a legal document should be provided to this effect.
ADULT (FIRST TIME APPLICANT)
Items 1-3 ABOVE +
Non Nigerian born applicants must provide a copy of the Nigerian passport and letter of authorization from a Nigerian parent that appears on his/her birth certificate as right of citizenship.
Applicant’s birth certificate
Applicants wishing to amend the details on their Nigerian passport should follow the same application process as when applying for the standard E-Passport for the first time.
Depending on the reason(s) for amendment, copies of all legal documents should be submitted in addition to the usual application requirements.
Lost or stolen passports attract a penalty fee and a police report must be obtained.
To obtain the letter, applicants should come to the Embassy between 10am-1pm on business days and submit the following:
- • 2 colored Passport size photographs (on white background)
- • All available evidence of the lost or stolen passport and/or proof of citizenship (i.e. birth certificate)
After obtaining the Police Report and translated into English, applicants may then begin the passport application steps as detailed above (HOW TO APPLY)
Items 1-3 ABOVE +
SUMMARY OF FEES:
- USD106 – RE-ISSUE/RENEWAL 32 PAGES E- PASSPORT
- USD137 – RE-ISSUE/RENEWAL 64 PAGES E- PASSPORT
- USD 77 – FRESH PASSPORT (MINOR)